Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committee (SAACAC)Established: July 21, 2011
Township Liaison: Senior Division Supervisor; (248) 625-8231
The mission of the Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committee (SAACAC) is to invite adults aged 50+ residing in Independence Township, the City of the Village of Clarkston, and Springfield Township to participate in services and programs that promote wellness, independence, safety and enrichment.
- Proposes recommendations to Senior Activity Center management related to the needs of the senior population in the participating communities;
- Provides leadership, creativity and services for the senior population; and
- Initiates assistance to the Senior Division Supervisor by recommending:
- Goals and priorities for the use of the Senior Activity Center;
- Fund-raising activities to help finance the Senior Activity Center's operations;
- Long-range funding and budget management options for the Senior Activity Center; and
- Policies and procedures as requested by the Senior Division Supervisor.
Regular meetings of the Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committee are scheduled at 9:00 a.m. bi-monthly (every other month) in the Senior Community Center at 6000 Clarkston Road - Clarkston, Michigan 48348.