Senior Transportation Program
If you are in need of dependable, low cost transportation, or if you need a van with a handicap lift, we may be able to assist you. Cost is $3 each way or $6 round trip. Please see the guidelines below:
Any Senior age 55+ or any person with a disability living in the City of the Village of Clarkston, Independence Township or Springfield Township.
When Should I Call?
For medical appointments, call for a ride when appointment is made. All appointments need to be scheduled no lather than 12:00 pm, day before ride and are subject to availability. The schedule fills up fast so the sooner you make your appointment the better. First pick up is 8:30 am and last pick up is 4:00 pm subject to availability.
Who Should I Call?
Call 248/625-8231, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Where Can I Go?
Anywhere within Clarkston, Independence Township or Springfield Township.
Meijers and Great Lakes Crossing Mall in Auburn Hills every other Tuesday (call for which Tuesday we are going). We will pick you up at home between 9:30 - 10:30 am and return to get you at 1:30 pm. Seating is limited.
Medical appointments to Doctor's Hospital, McLaren and St. Joe's in Pontiac in Pontiac are subject to availability and are $5 one way/$10 round trip.
- A potential rider must fill out a medical form for our records before using this service.
- Riders must be ready 15 minutes in advance and waiting at the door.
- Drivers cannot enter private residences or assist clients in getting ready.
- Assistance with packages on the return will be taken to the front door. The drivers are not required to
- Wheelchair riders' residences must be accessible or there must be someone home to bring the rider to the
vehicle. Drivers cannot bring wheelchairs over door sills, down stairs or across grass or gravel.
- Riders' driveways must be salted and plowed in inclement weather. Drivers reserve the right to refuse
pulling in a driveway if they deem it unsafe.
- Drivers will transport riders only to destinations previously arranged. The driver will not be able to alter
- The mini-buses cannot transport for medical emergencies, (call 911), nor can they pick up or deliver
- Riders with cognitive impairments are advised to have a caregiver accompany them.
- When arranging a ride in a wheelchair let the dispatcher know that you need a handicapped van.
- A $3 donation is requested for each one way trip.
Our transportation service is funded through the Independence Township General Fund, community Development Block Grand funds, Municipal Credits and Specialized Services, riders' donations, fundraisers and other donations. Springfield Township and the City of the Village of Clarkston also contribute municipal credits to our program.