In 1850 Nelson Clark built a two-story frame house, Clark Academy, across from his home on Main Street, which later becomes known as our Township Hall. Following is a history timeline of Township Hall.
|1850||Nelson Clark built two-story frame house, Clark Academy, across from his home on Main Street, later known as Union School. Later owned by Prof. Isaac Cochran and operated as a select school.|
|1862||Sold to public for school - grade school established.|
|1910||Rebuilt with stone work (high school). Later owned by Washington Irish (Township Supervisor for 26 years), along with adjacent white building where daughter lived (close friend of Henry Ford). White building later became first public library, sub-station for Sheriff's Department and Fire Department offices.|
|1940||Henry Ford purchased as factory to sew parachutes and canvass for automobile seat covers. Township Annex built by Ford as a power plant, necessitating a tunnel between the two buildings for pulleys and large belts to operate motors/generators. Later, third floor was used for dances, while the basement area served as the senior center.|
|1950's||Sold to Township for offices.|